Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy to be A L I V E!

Yesterday, the grandson and I went to the movies to see The Croods in 3d, no less.


Have you seen it? If not, don't worry I'm not giving away the storyline here. Just talking about something I took away from watching the movie.

At first, I didn't expect much. After all, it's an animated movie for kids and I was just going along with the grandson. But right away I saw that John Cleese (from Monty Python fame) was involved in the film so I knew it would be pretty cheeky. They had some pretty powerful names providing the voices: Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, and Cloris Leachman. The animation was top-notch and it was the perfect blend of story telling and action.

The one thing that really touched me about this family was every morning upon awakening, they would shout "Still living" or "Still Alive!" or some variation thereof. When you consider how hard their mere survival was, and that they literally jumped for joy in the morning to be alive for yet another day. It really made me feel bad about the mornings that I don't want to get up out of bed and face my (relatively easy) day. When all I want to do is cover up my head and avoid facing my responsibilities. A little animated movie made me feel ashamed that I don't attack life, that I don't shout "I'm still alive!" every morning when I rise.

And maybe I should.....maybe we all should...

No comments: