Sunday, April 15, 2012

The House that pickin' furnished

Haven't been here in so long that I almost forgot my password! Following up on my last post, I'd like to share some more freebies that my brother has found curbside, most have made their way into our living room:

First off, is this brand-new ceiling fan, still in the box. Just in time for summer!

Next up is a very pretty stand-up lamp that I can't photograph well. It's base is a silver-ish gray/blue and the shade is etched with silver and gray vines. I really wish I could capture it so you could witness it's beauty.

As curbside pickin' luck would have it--the lamp is paired with a series of prints that are all gray and white. I love it when a theme comes together!

On the other side of the sofa, he found an octopus lamp--again with a silver base and white shades. It just all goes together so nicely!

Even the white sheer curtain panels were from the curb! All of the pieces go with the blue/gray and white sofa so well!
And then he found this great leather office chair for the computer area. The picture doesn't really capture it's color correctly. It's a soft tan-ish butter yellow color, which pairs beautifully with the red and yellow curtains behind it.

He's been fortunate enough to have found a perfectly good glider for my son's front porch, as well as a picnic table and chairs for his patio.

When Miranda Lambert's song, The House that built Me, comes on the radio, I immediately think of our house as the House That Pickin' Furnished......Gotta have a sense of humor about these things!

No comments: