Sunday, November 13, 2011

Help for Dry cuticles

So today was Spa Day on the ol' homestead. Worries simply cannot swim around in your head when it's tented over a pot of steaming water! After my steam facial, I sat myself down at the computer to search for a cuticle cream product but was distracted by "treat your dry cuticles at home" sites. Most weren't worth looking at--but then I found one with several at home treatments--and it just so happened that I had the stuff right in the kitchen. I mixed a teaspoon of granulated sugar (right out of the canister) with Olive Oil. It makes a paste which you rub into your nail bed area. The sugar acts as an exfoliant to rub away some of the overgrowth of cuticle, while the olive oil acts as a moisturizer. You spend about 30 seconds per nail, so each nail also receives a little mini-massage which encourages blood flow to the nail bed. When I was finished, I used the remainder of the scrub on my hands. Rinse with warm water (not hot) and pat dry. The site said to use hand lotion when nails are dry but the olive oil did such a great job and my hands felt so soft afterwards that I decided to wait until bedtime for the lotion.

So, if you are prone to dry cuticles in the winter as I am, I highly recommend this sugar and olive oil cuticle scrub. My cuticles really look so much better after only 1 application and my hands feel beautifully soft. Try it! You probably already have everything you need--it won't cost a cent.

No comments: