Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Product Review: Colgate Optic White

I must admit that I have serious issues with people's obsession with WHITE teeth. Oftentimes, I want to say "those don't even look like teeth--you've got a mouth full of fluorescent chiclets, perfectly shaped, freakishly white objects all lined up in a row instead of natural looking, God-given, unique to each individual teeth. I could go on......but why? I'm sure you get the idea. It's gotten so bad that whenever I watch American Idol now, I always point out who will get a tooth whiting job when the stylists get ahold of them.

Now I admit that I've tried those Crest White Strips before. They probably work just fine for anyone else--but I'm not an everyday kind of girl. I couldn't stand to leave them on, I couldn't stand to not be able to talk for however long they were on, and I couldn't stand having to use them for days for any sort of noticeable change. So I gave up on them, which is a little unlike me because I usually demand that something I paid that much for live up to it's promises.

Now my teeth weren't disgusting; but I do drink iced-tea (quite a bit of tea, actually) and cola and eat dark chocolate--all the things that are bad for your teeth. And I am a woman of a certain age, so my teeth weren't shockingly, unnaturally white. But I was basically content with the off-white color of my teeth until I got a free coupon for the new Optic White toothpaste. "I'll try it!", I said, afterall, it was free.

I didn't really hold out much hope, didn't really have high expectations--but hold on to your hats--this stuff works!! Now I'm not blindingly, supernaturally white--but I'm no longer dingy. My teeth look natural--just clean--and my smile seems a little younger, as if that were possible. And I've only used it 3 days. I couldn't read the small print on the box and didn't know it was recommended to be used at least 2 times per day, so I've only been using it once and it still worked!

I'll probably continue to use it twice a day (as recommended) for the rest of the week and see just how bright my teeth become--I'm not going for the glow-in-the-dark look that is so popular. Then I'll probably only use it once a week or so to maintain the new color.

I'm just tinkled pink when something actually works, aren't you?

No comments: