Monday, September 12, 2011

Life Without Photoshop

We had a version of Adobe Photoshop on the computer and I had learned that program pretty well. But then we upgraded computers and somehow Photoshop didn't get transferred over, couldn't find the registration material and so I've been without Photoshop for awhile now. I thought my days of digital scrapbooking and photo editing were over. Turns out life is pretty good without Photoshop. I downloaded Picnik for photo editing (it's a free program) and I really like it! It couldn't possibly be easier to use! I was never too great at using the Unsharp Mask in Photoshop but Picnik uses sliders to sharpen and clarify and they really do a good job.
After photo editing, I usually apply one of their effects. I'm a real fan of vignette and matte. I knew how to create these effects in Photoshop; but in Picnik, it's just a click of a button!

I'm also thrilled to have found a digital scrapbooking program. I'm playing with it right now and will write more about it in a future post. So, life goes on....with or without Photoshop....seems there is more than one way of doing things.

Find a way to do what you want to do!

No comments: