Monday, July 11, 2011

No Cook Summer Recipe

Today was hot, hot, hot! Far too hot to use the stove. Too hot to fire-up the grill. So what to do?

I pulled out a bag of frozen mixed berries from the freezer (combination of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries with no added sugar). I defrosted about 3/4 of the way and added to yogurt--YUMMY!

Lunch was just simple tuna-salad. I didn't even bother to toast the bread. Too hot!

I had made bruschetta the other evening for a party and loved it so much that I wanted to make it again along with dinner. I cut up the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and parsley; added the olive oil and just couldn't bring myself to plug in the griddle to toast the bread. Then I was hit by a bolt of inspiration! I had a package of garlic seasoned croutons in the kitchen cupboard. I'd throw those in with the tomato concoction and have a "Bruschetta Salad", if there is such a thing.

Oh my, it was delicious!! Try it when you're trying to avoid the stove this summer. Hope you like it as much as we did.

No comments: